Sunday 5 February 2012

A little bit about miss delectable collectable

delectablecollectable (small, local Bath business)

Delectable - homemade wheat-free & spelt breads, cakes, cookies and goodies...
Collectable - 1940s, 60s & 70s ceramics, pottery, glassware, kitchenalia etc...

As 'Miss Delectable Collectable' , I spend all my free time persuing my two passions - wheat free cooking and baking - trialing recipes and inventing new ones; and trawling charity shops,
markets, auctions and house-clearances and car-boot sales to find treasures to either keep or sell on. I love reading, researching and writing about the two topics - the 'delectable' and the
'collectable' and my 'blog' in its early form is under the 'notes' section on my Facebook page. (This is a public URL):
www.facebook.com/delectablecollectable.

I also love the vintage/retro scene in Frome, and am starting to expand my wardrobe so its in-keeping with my dc business! When I'm not pottering in Frome, searching for collectables or baking, I'll be working my way through Barbara Pym's novels - which I am addicted to - all set in England in 1950s. Very little of my life is lived in the modern days of 2011 but I'm really happy spending time in my retro inspired flat, listening to music from the 40s and thinking of perhaps a simpler life....I love the glamour of post-war Britain and also love the escapism that films set in the 40s-70s provide. I sometimes wonder whether I was born to live in 2011 but am assured that the choices and enjoyable life I live now is really only available to me now! I am very lucky to be able to dedicate time to my passions, supported by my main job as a Primary School teacher - the one definitely better thing in modern day life.  ;-)

You will be able to see what is for sale at the next stall on 27/11/11 in the album 'items for sale at delectablecollectable stall' and if they have been 'sold' it will say so on the individual photos. The prices against each one are 'guide prices' and I'm hoping by the November stall to set up at Etsy site to sell the collectables.

I am also really happy to sell my cakes to local cafes, groups or individuals and will be updating the site with my prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment